Saturday, March 15, 2008

Bezalel Market

my dear friend Lee and I decided that we need some new clothes,
but going to the mall like any ordinary girl wasn't what we were looking for, we wanted unique and cheap clothes,
so we gave secondhand stores a chance..
after the second store ,we realized that it wasn't as chap as we thought it'll be.
buying a dress that someone else wore before me ,in the same price as a new dress form zara wasn't that attractive.
we satlled for Bezalel market.. the clothes are cheap, they have brand (old-navy, gap ect.)
and no one wore the clothes before we did.

I ended up buying this high waster skirt for 20 NIS :


those wannabe Ray-Ban Wayfare for 10 NIS :
there was a label on the sunnies that said - club monaco 55$ . Great buy i'll say.
i going to keep those until i buy the real deal.
and this dress for only 20 NIS :


the dress is slightly big but with some alterations it'll be perfect!
Lee bought a ( to die for )plaid shirt , tunic (Old navy) and black wannabe ray ban (each for 10 NIS) .
3.47 NIS = 1$ american

23 comments:

Cicely said...

That dress is amazing, very Audrey Hepburn. I like. I really wish I suited wayfarers yours look cool, aah jealousy, an ugly emotion.

Elizabeth said...

Very nice: you like your '80s looks, and that dress is very Audrey Hepburn—as susan^^ has already stated above. Oh, and I like your bedspread—or whatever was the background for the nice photos you took!

saray said...

thanks!
the backgroung in my sofa - from ikea.

Monika said...

your taste is killer! :-) are you interested in linking up?

ediot said...

love the dress. really cute. hope u make it fit perfectly!

Jillian Hobbs said...

awesome dress!!!!

Tinsley said...

the black and white dress is my favourite! like a herve leger!

Secretista said...

You paid $1 for that... THAT'S FREAKIN AWESOME!!!

Hildur said...

love that dress!

Seeker said...

Great stuff you ended to buy.
But really the dress is awesome. Love it.
I hope you can make it works for you.

xx

Aisha said...

Looved the dress, specially the back, so pretty. I'm sure it'll fit you great with some alterations :), besides 20 NIS sounds good to me!

emsie said...

Some really nice buys there - I especially like the dress.

Anonymous said...

oh i love the sunnies and the dress :D

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much! That's really nice :)
lotta love, Sonia.

discotheque confusion said...

Personally I love that someone has worn my clothes before I have; it's like the items have a history and I'm sharing something with the person that I know nothing about.

I think there's something quite special about it. I also think it's so important to embrace second hand clothing; it's so much better for the environment than buying mass produced items that have been made by people who have been expolited.

Phewww, that's just my view, but hopefully I could make you think..

Mónica said...

the dress is really amazing. Cute and lovely. It's the perfect dress for any occasion

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

That dress is lovely. It's unfortunate that your secondhand shops costs much--I like them here because they are dirt cheap.

Lauren said...

thanks for checking out my blog - im loving yours!

Jen (MahaloFashion) said...

I absolutely love all the stuff you got especially that last dress!!!

saray said...

thanks to you all i really appriciate it!

chililady : OMG thanks!! i'll link you now :)

discothequechic : I don't have a problem wearing second hand colth but i just don't think the price is fair.
i buy second hand cloth in the US all the time but here its just too much.
but i agree with you about embracing it for the envoirment.

Ida said...

Great buys. The dress looks really great! + it was cheap! Thats a compelation I like!

Carolina Lange said...

The dress is so beautiful!

Unknown said...

וואו! הייתי בשוק בצאלאל מעט פעמים ולא ממש התרשמתי ,אהבתי את החצאית ואת הכל בעצם!
פעם הבאה שאני יעבור בקינג ג'ורג' אני יבקר שם!